Wednesday 10 September 2014

TCS Interview Experience

Got Placed in TCS, and here's the experience.

My TCS Experience...
Verbal ability test ---> Wrote short and simple mail on the given topic. Completed it in 6 mins and then checked it twice. Especially the spellings, and whether all the phrases are included or not..

Analytiacal Ability-----> Attempted only 16-17 questions. Took risk. But all of them were correct. There was no scope for negative marks.

It was expected that result will be declared by the night, waited till 3 for it, but it didnt.
With full confidence, reached college next day (in formals, didnt thought that what if my name will not be in the results). At 9:30, I checked the mail id, saw the the result... I was scrolling slowly, didnt used Ctrl+F.. and almost at the bottom of the list, I saw, Pallav Trivedi... and a sudden reaction.. "ab to ho jaega.."
Started preparing for interviews.. bit of DBMS, OS, DS, Java (Multithreading, exception etc).

My resume was called by the interviewer sitting in the room no. 10, but he went to take lunch and I was interviewed by the panel sitting in room no. 3
Around 3, I was called for TR..
I entered the room, two persons were sitting..
Me: May I come in sir
Interviewers: Please come in, have a seat. (I sat)

Q1. Give your resume..
Ans. Sir, I gave it to sir sitting in room no 10. as he was supposed to....(they stopped me and said no issues)

Q2. Tell us about yourself.
Ans. Good afternoon sir, I am Pallav Trivedi. I am pursuing my Bachelors of Enginnering in Computer Science. I am from Mandsaur, a city at border of Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan. My father Mr G.P.Trivedi is lecturer in English at School of Excellence Mandsaur. I am having learning attitude because of him. My mother, Mrs Sangeeta Trived is a clerk at Women and child welfare department Mandsaur. She taught me how to manage the things. Apart from them, I have a brother, Saurabh Trivedi, he too is an engineer and serving for Bhaskar Denims, Bhopal. He got married last year, and my Bhabhi Mrs Monika Trivedi is Msc in Computer Science. As I belong to computer science fraternity, I love to do programming, but apart from it, I also keep interest in playing guitar, chess and literary stuffs.

Q3. What was your minor project.
Ans.Sir, I always had a craze to do something live, something creative. Thus, I and my room mate took the responsibility to develop the official webiste of college tech fest MTM. We did it for 2 consecutive years. First year, on java and second year on .net. As we were beginners, faced lot of problems on deploying it and learned alot. Apart from them, I made to desktop applications on Java J2EE i.e. My Word Web (Customizable Dictionary) and Packet Sniffer (a Packet Capturing application).

Q4. What is this MTM.
Ans. Sir, it is our college fest, Mech Tech Meet, organized by Mechanical Engineering Department of our college, and we were given the responsibility to develop its official website.

Q5. What programming languages do you know.
Ans. C/C++/Java

Q6. You said that you developed site on .net. You dont know .net...?
Ans. Sir, I dont know about C#. We wanted to work in a manner as industry do. So we divided teams. One of designing and other of programming. Programming part was taken by my room mate, as he knows C#, and I took designing part, HTML, Jquery, JavaScript, Photoshop etc.

Q7. Pallav, can you write a short program for me.
Ans Sure sir, which technology.

Q8. In c, write a program to find largest of three numbers. (I was so happy, as this was too much easy for me).
Ans. Sure sir, (I made the program, and used turnary operator, wherever I can)

Q9. Tell me the logic of swapping the values of two variables, without using third variable
(Again a laddu question, I answered it perfectly).

Q10. Can you write the code for swapping, using pointers.
Ans. (Damn easy for me, as pointers are my strength. I wrote).

Q11. Can you explain us, what are pointers ?
Ans. (What I wanted.. I was feeling like Super hero). Explained on paper, in a brilliant manner.

Q12. Write a program to find string length.
An    Sir which technology....  (they said C++)
                Sir, should I make separate function or in the main.... (make separate function)
                Sir, can I assume a string, or user will insert. .....(user will insert)
                Sir, how will the input come, Command Line or...    (they were smiling and asked me to leave it)
(by now, they were very happy)

Q13. How are you analytical ability.
Ans. I am weak at it sir, but I am working on it, and very soon, I'll be good at it.

Q14. How are you at innovations.
Ans. I am good at it sir, as my field of interest includes, playing guitar i.e. generating music, literature, also I chose designing field in project..

Q15. Tell us something related to your interests, poem or whatever u like.
Ans I recited a beautiful poem,
"Rahe re ubalta rakt nirantar, shira shira me aag rahe,
Sanso me sankalp ghule ho, aankho me saubhagya rahe..
Yuddh hamara, chale re nirantar, chuppi aur andhiyaro se..
Isse jyada aur kahe kya, in gum sum angaro se...!!!"

Q16. What are your dreams.
Ans. Short Term: to get selected in TCS, it has been my dream company.
          Long Term, or where I see myself after 10-15 years, I want a stable job with work-life balance, handsome salary, both of my parents living with me, a sweet heart and two little kids.
( They smiled and said, you have decided for two.. (i smiled in response).)

Q17. Any questions for us..?
Ans. I asked a question regarding Java Certification, and they answered it.
(Ok Pallav, it was nice to meet you..  thank you)

After some time, I was called for HR, it was nothing more than a formality.


Q1. Why should TCS hire you?
Ans. Mam, First of all I am good at programming, and it is a core need of TCS, as TCS provides IT Services.

Q2. Why not any other organization, all of them require programmers ?
Ans, Mam, TCS is a family. It is an institute to me, rest are organizations. From my childhood, TCS has always been with me. From Salt to Nano, Eye Plus to fast track.. every where...

Q3. Prove that you can work in team.
Ans. Mam, all the projects I made, were in team, teams were divided in a way as industry do, designers and programmers. I have been a part of volley ball team which representd the school at cluster level, and volley ball is a team game.

Q4. Tell us a quality of yours which 3 lac employees of TCS do not have..
Ans. (Though for a while )Sorry mam.... I cant say that I have any such quality which 3,05,421 employees are not having. Its such a huge number.

Q5. Ok, tell a quality which 100 students of your college are not having like you
Ans. Linguistic Capabilities.. I observed this, in speeches, debates, discussions etc.

Q6. Any Backlogs ?
Ans. For the first time in 6 semeters, I got back, it was a bolt form blue to me. I applied for reval, yesteday, the result of reval came, and it has been cleared. No backs.
(Ok pallav, all the best)




After few hours, results were announced, I was sure that my name would be there, and god didnt proved me wrong...  

1 comment:

  1. Pallav Sir My Name is Rahul and I am from Mandsaur.I am Big Fan Of yours After Read Your Interview Experience .
    and if you Don't mind I Have a lot of Questions for you ???
    Can i get your Contact Details Please !!!!!

    ReplyDelete